About the Company:
Midwest Esports began as a video game team at Wichita State University. The players had a vision to expand opportunities for video game competitions and events. Their dream was realized with their first event in 2015. The company has now grown exponentially and plans to host around 100 events in 2020. The company is committed to making competitive video games into a healthy, structured, and educational sport.
The Events Manager is the project
manager for the event, and therefore responsible for coordinating all the
details required to ensure an event runs smoothly and successfully. This position is in Wichita, KS. Relocation required.
- Team lead in coordinating the logistics of the events including but not limited to floor plan, shipping, IT setup, power requirements, and staff requirements.
- Creates proposals with other members of the team
- Secures sponsorships for smaller-scale events
- Troubleshoots problems before, during, and after events to find solutions
- Acts as the first point of contact for companies and facilities interested in hosting an event
- Tests equipment before event to ensure functionality
- Performs other related duties to benefit the mission of the organization
- 4-year college degree preferred
- 2 years preferred of project management or business management experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledgeable about IT/power grid/etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Travel required
- Must be able to navigate various departments of the organization's physical premises
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
Midwest Esports is an Equal Opportunity Employer.